I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything beyond a picture here and there. Things have not exactly been so easy lately and as a result, when I do have the time to sit and write, I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Even now, I am sitting here almost forcing myself to type. So be warned, this may turn into a bit of a self pity post.
As I get older, it gets harder and harder to get into the whole Christmas spirit. This year is no exception. I tell myself that I should be working to make the holidays extra special for my kids. They should look forward to Christmas. My daughter does, but I still feel as if I should be doing more for her. Since my wife is working and going to school full time, I am left to take care of everything else. This leaves me exhausted most of the time.
In addition to the above, several things have happened over the past few months that have really taken a toll on me mentally. I found out my wife was cheating on me. My older son has been rebelling in a major way. Including sneaking out at 1 AM to go Lord knows where. My mom is having health issues. My wife has decided that she can not accept my oldest son being gay. My car died and I had to find funds to buy a new one. It's a used car but it is "new to me." My middle son has been battling depression. My brother's wife has distanced herself from the family and it creates major trouble for my brother. In fact, there is going to be a major fight in his house on Christmas morning I am sure. He just doesn't know it yet. And there are all the other everyday common worries on top of all of this. I am dealing with it all very much alone. I have found the ones I would talk to have become rather scarce these days. Not that they don't want to be there, they just have things going on in their own lives. I don't blame them.
Add all of the above together and drop it onto the shoulders of one very over worked and over stressed dad and.......well let's just say I am having a bit if trouble finding the holiday spirit this year and I hate it. I want my kids to think back to Christmas with memories that fill them with joy.
Any suggestions? I am very much open to ideas.
Autumn Time In Quincy
6 years ago



3 comments:
So sorry things are rough right now. I have been thru some of these things in the past myself and it is not easy but you have to take it one day at a time. Focus on the kids,they are the ones that need you. Do what you can for your Mom. As far as your wife not accepting your Son being Gay,I don't think she is in any position to be judging anyones lifestyle.I'm just saying. Stand tall and proud,sounds like you are the rock at your house,just let your love shine thru. I am sending up prayers for you and your family and know that someone cares. I also know that I have been no help but know I'm here when you need to vent.
I hope things get better for you Tom. I'm very sorry to hear of your family troubles. Just remember that at least Christmas is the best time of year to try to mend the fences. So deck the halls, put up the tree, and string the lights, and maybe some Xmas magic will find it's way to your family this holiday season.
Sweetie! This is all terrible news! I really wish there was something I could do to help...
Can you take your kids away for a vacation? To the city? To the country? Just somewhere to enjoy each other and to get away from all the stress?
Tom, I hope things get better for you soon. You are a dear man, and I just want good things to happen to you and your kids.
{{BIG HUG!!!}}
Post a Comment